Different challenges in the modern world determine the important role of the manager in the organization.
The directions of manifestation are:
The market – the management must be market-oriented.
Users – the management of organizations should be in the direction of:
Research of consumer demand and approach to the client;
Improving the quality of the manufactured product or the rendered service;
Search for opportunities to provide your niche market.
Dynamics leads to constant change and improvement of prosperous organizations.
Perfection can be achieved by believing in the capabilities of the collaborators and achieving their empathy.
Dealing with such challenges requires the availability of resources – human, financial, material information.
However, this is far from all, as they need to be combined and coordinated.
This is the essence of the work of the manager, who performs various management functions: goal setting, leadership, planning, organizing, and controlling. If all this is done, it would also guarantee the effectiveness of management.
A man enters life as an individual with his natural properties of the nervous system, which determine his temperament and talents, and from which his abilities develop.
He becomes a person with the help of conscious efforts and under the influence of social contacts within certain social relations.
Self-esteem has a significant impact on professional communication and building a person as a person.
To be good in his field, a manager must combine personal qualities, acquired knowledge, and skills and be able to maneuver according to the situation, he must be flexible, pragmatic, etc.
The most common statement is that the manager is not born and is not created – he is raised.
New times require new organizations – with a new vision, mission, and a new direction in which to channel the efforts of the people with whom they work.
Despite the colossal achievements in the field of high technology and information systems, man is the one who remains the main driving force.
Thanks to the good manager the company effectively implements its policy and strategy and competes in the market. He does not participate directly in the creation of material goods but invests in intellectual, creative work.
Who is the manager?
The manager is the person to whom an organization is entrusted and with the help of the formal authority given to him to solve the tasks assigned to him, which consist in:
- Ensuring efficient production of organization-specific products and services
- Maintaining the stability of the organization and the adaptation and in a certain way to the changing environment
- Formulating new goals and objectives for the organization means that a company is developing and is not stagnant
- Establishing an appropriate socio-psychological climate in the working groups and the organization as a whole
- Maintaining appropriate interpersonal relationships
The different situations in which the manager finds himself in the management of the institution entrusted to him make his work dynamic and diverse.
He performs different managerial roles in his daily life, which are differentiated into different classifications according to different characteristics.
The role of the manager according to the hierarchy in the organization
Managers at the technical level – supervisors who are directly responsible for the day-to-day operations and actions performed in the organization – delivery; production; placement
Managers at middle management level – occupy an intermediate position in the hierarchy of the organization, make many connections horizontally and vertically
Managers at senior or institutional level – the most important decisions are made, long-term development plans are developed, strategies, promotion of the activity, the needs of the external environment are discovered and how the organization can satisfy them
The manager according to organizational structure and their delegated powers
- Line managers – they have a direct connection with their subordinates, ie they are part of the so-called scalar chain
- Staff managers – manage collective bodies; boards of directors. They do not make independent decisions
- Functional managers – of production, financial, and accounting activities
- Program and project managers – have temporary functions
- Heads of auxiliary units with temporary status – independent divisions, control groups with temporary functions.
The role of the manager according to his qualities
Innovative and intuitive – must be energetic, rich in ideas, make quick decisions, strive to do his work, authoritarian type of management
Innovative and analytical – energetic, innovative and good organizer, susceptible to new information and provides good integration
Conservative, analytical – perfectionist, do not take risks, consistent in his actions, demanding, slow decision making
Conservative and intuitive – attached to the traditional, sanctions, but does not encourage, lack of clear goals
The theory of the role of the manager is very well developed by Andrew Silagi, according to him there is another classification, according to which all roles are interconnected and through them, the management process is operationalized, namely:
Interpersonal roles – derive from the power and status of the leader
To the person involved – performance of symbolic ceremonial duties
The leader – selection, training, staff motivation
To the coordinator – making contacts inside and outside the organization
Information management roles
Information roles – are related to the interpersonal roles and access to information they provide.
Observer – gathers information from all possible sources
Distributor – transmission of information in the organization in a vertical or horizontal direction
Speaker – transmitting information to people outside the organization
Roles in decision-making – arise from the awareness and power of the manager
Entrepreneur – occurs when the manager proposes and implements controllable changes in the organization
Manager – taking responsibility in case of difficulties in the organization and conflicts
Resource Manager – decides what, how much, etc. salary increase, resources in an organization are always limited. That is why their purposeful and justified distribution is important.
Mediator – negotiates inside and outside the organization
- “The internal environment of the business organization”, https://managementeducationinc.wordpress.com/2021/07/14/the-internal-environment-of-the-business-organization/
- “The environment of the business organization and its impact”, https://businessprogrammanagement.wordpress.com/2021/07/14/the-environment-of-the-business-organization-and-its-impact/
- “Management of innovation in organizations and business”, https://www.worldforgemagazine.com/management-of-innovation-in-organizations-and-business/
- “Modern management in organizations”, https://mstsnl.net/modern-management-in-organizations/
- “Social and ethical responsibilities in management”, https://www.libraryofmu.org/social-and-ethical-responsibilities-in-management/
- “The strategic planning process in the organization”, https://newia.info/strategic-planning-process-organization/
- “Fundamentals of management and classification of management functions”, https://www.libraryofmu.org/fundamentals-of-management/
- “Typical management structures”, https://agileprojectmanagers.blogspot.com/2021/07/typical-management-structures.html
- “How to define the purpose and mission of the organization”, https://www.kosovatimes.net/define-purpose-and-mission-organization/
- “History of management science and basic management schools”, https://projectmanagers.edublogs.org/2021/07/13/management-science-and-basic-management-schools/
- “Management and leadership theories and practices”, https://projectmanagement.wpdevcloud.com/management-and-leadership-theories-and-practices/
- “Management approaches in the organizations for managers”, https://medfd.org/management-approaches-in-the-organizations-for-managers/
- “Knowledge and skills of the manager”, https://projectmanagement.news.blog/2021/07/09/knowledge-and-skills-of-the-manager/
- “The Manager and the Leader as sources of motivation”, https://projectmanagement.freesite.host/the-manager-and-the-leader-as-sources-of-motivation/
- “Motivating the behavior of the manager”, https://agileprojectmanagement.home.blog/2021/07/10/motivating-the-behavior-of-the-manager/
- “Basic theories of leadership and management”, https://projectmanagement.jdevcloud.com/basic-theories-of-leadership-and-management/
- “Functional management structure in organizations”, https://wikipedia-lab.org/functional-management-structure-in-organizations/
- “A systematic approach in management”, https://securityinformationeventmanagement.com/systematic-approach-in-management/
- “Organizational structure: types and functions”, https://phron.org/organizational-structure-types-and-functions/
- “Defining the strategic plan of the organization”, https://www.kievpress.info/defining-the-strategic-plan-of-the-organization/
- “Organizational and management structures”, https://pgov.org/organizational-and-management-structures/
- “What is Organizational Strategic Planning”, https://ossalumni.org/what-is-organizational-strategic-planning/
- “Planning the activities of the organization”, https://www.yahowto.com/planning-the-activities-of-the-organization/
- “Formation of the goals of the business organization”, https://www.businesspad.org/formation-of-the-goals-of-the-business-organization/
- “The profession of the manager: How to become one”, https://scrumtime.org/profession-of-the-manager/
- “Goal-based management”, https://mpmu.org/goal-based-management/
- “Manager vs leader: similarities and differences”, https://pm.mba/posts/manager-vs-leader/
The interpersonal roles of the manager
In turn, the interpersonal roles of the manager are divided into three sublevels:
Representative person (general manager) – in this role the manager performs duties of a social or legal nature and performs representative actions.
Sometimes he has to make contacts with organizations that seek cooperation with him because of his power and authority. This role is inherent in higher levels of government.
The role of a leader – in its implementation the interpersonal relations between the leader and his subordinates are outlined.
The manager must connect the interests of his subordinates with those of the company, and as a result, he creates a more efficient work environment.
Takes responsibility for the training, retraining, and growth of its employees.
Role of a liaison unit – through it the works on establishing contacts and receiving information are carried out.
The manager participates in meetings and the implementation of the document flow in the organization. He devotes a significant part of his otherwise important time to this role because a well-informed and well-accepted manager in society means that he performs his duties well as such. which has.
The professional role plays a role in the personality of the manager in many ways. Inevitably, when a manager is good in his field and does his best to achieve the set goals, it affects both his personal life and himself as a character.